MINUTES OF SUTTERTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY MARCH 2nd 2022 at 7.00pm IN THE COMMUNITY LOUNGE
Present: Cllr. Fitchett Chairman
Cllr. Sands Vice Chair
Cllr. Allen Cllr. George
Cllr. Ingham Cllr. Maltby
Cllr. Cooper BBC
Cllr. Brookes LCC
1 member of the public
Wendy Depear Parish Clerk
186/21 Public Forum
There were no matters for the Public Forum
187/21 Chairman’s Comments
The member of the public who was contemplating joining the Parish Council had decided not to join
188/21 Apologies for absence and the reasons given
Apologies were received from Cllr. Thorpe.
188/22 Receipt of declarations of interest in accordance with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011, and to consider any written requests for dispensations in relation to members disclosable pecuniary interests
None were received.
189/21 Notes of the last meeting held on February 2nd, 2022 to be approved as the minutes
It was proposed by Cllr. George seconded by Cllr. Fitchett that the minutes be signed.
190/21 Police Matters
There were no matters for the Police.
191/21 View Points on questions from the public
There were no questions asked.
192/21 Reports from the Minutes of the previous meeting and report from the Clerk of issues arising from since the last meeting
The Clerk has been informed that following the death of Ian the gentleman who wound the Church clock, a donation has been received to convert it to be self-winding.
Action The clerk to respond that the Parish Council are happy for the clock to be converted
193/21 Lincolnshire County Council Matters and Boston Borough – information from and for County and Borough Councillors
Cllr. Brookes reported that central government were not going to reinstate the £12 million that they had cut from the highways maintenance budget so regrettably Lincolnshire County Council had increased the general council tax by 2% to help keep the maintenance budget at the previous year’s level. This is in addition to the 3% increase already proposed for the adult social care making a total of of a 5% increase for 2022/23.
Cllr. Cooper reported that BBC had not yet agreed their budget.
The proposed Boundary changes regarding BBC and South Holland.
194/21 Correspondence received which the Council are invited to resolve on
Sutterton Village Hall Committee – funding for the hall’s plans were discussed.
Action it was proposed by Cllr, Fitchett seconded by Cllr. Sands that a donation of £500.00 be paid this was a unanimous decision
Sutterton Methodist Church - Asking for a reply to their letter of November 3rd
The Query answered that the letter had been returned to the sender
BBC - Register of Electors update March 2022.
Maintenance man - quote for the repainting the seats
194/21 Highway matters
The following items were reported
A pothole on the BP Site was reported
Action - it is a private site
The parking on Station Road was explained - The parking area at the rear of the site is being prepared, and is expected to be completed by April 4th.
195/21 Speed Detection Data
Cllr. George reported that the devise is now on Boston Road.
196/21 PlanningB//22/0086 Advertisement Consent for 1no. 5m freestanding totem sign at BP , Station Road, Sutterton. PE20 2LG
The application was discussed and members had no objections.
Action – clerk to respond to the Planning Dept
197/21 Accounts for payment as per payment sheet 11 of 12 dated February 22
It was proposed by Cllr. Allen and seconded by Cllr. Ingham that the payments be made.
|Staff costs & expenses
|Sutterton Village Hall
198/21 Inspection Rota for Cemetery and play equipment
Cllr. Ingham on the Inspection Rota reported that the seats need painting
Cllr. Sands asked if the links for the Parish Council website could be linked to the facebook page
Action - Clerk to contact the Web-site controller
199/21 Matters for report
Fly Tipping near No. 1 Park Avenue was reported.
Action - tipping to be reported
This item was discussed earlier in the meeting in correspondence.
Cllr. Maltby’s suggestions
The suggestions were discussed more thought needs to be given to the planning.
Matters for inclusion in the April Agenda
There being no further business the meeting closed at approx. 8.40pm
The next meeting will be on Wednesday April 5th 2022.